Yet another fire has taken place in Little Rock - this time at the Chapel Ridge Apartment Complex. This is one of a recent string of fires this winter, several of which have taken place at apartment complexes.
Although it has been said many times, it bears repeating again - if you are renting where you live, please get Renter's Insurance for your own good. This coverage will provide you some security if one of these situations happens to you. The news reports for the recent Chapel Ridge fire say that one of the residents left food cooking unattended, which caused the fire. Now more than a dozen people are left without a place to live and those without Renter's Insurance will have to repurchase their personal property through whatever means they have available and rely on others, such as the Red Cross, to help them.
It is also worth noting that this insurance coverage can usually be purchased for as little as $12 a month. That $12 a month buys a lot of peace of mind, as those without it may be left with only the clothes on their back after something like this.
If you have suffered a fire and are concerned about your insurance coverage or the actions of your insurance company related to your coverage, please contact CLARK MASON ATTORNEYS. Consultations are always free.